Jim Smith

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Opening comments

Coopers Hawk
Hello Visitor(s)
Welcome to my blog. For openers, I am going to just give you a little background on how I ever got here. I had lived in Denver since 1956 when I came to University of Denver.  I hunted and fished much of my free time.  I belonged to the Lone Tree Photo Club for a short time before we retired and moved to Arizona. I have been an outdoor writer since 1992.  Quite a bit of my photography was photo support for my articles.
I joined the Grand Photos Camera Club in Sun City Grand.  I have learned a great deal about photography and understand thoroughly I have a great deal more to learn.  I am by no means, an expert.  I feel like I can assist the newer levels of photographers in creating better photographs.  I primarily shoot wildlife.  This is a rather specialized phase of photography.  With my hunting background I know where to go and how to get much closer for those "full frame" images.  I intend to compose each of my blogs around specific topics to assist you.   I hope you will return often.  I also hope you will correspond with me should you have any questions.  I know Colorado quite well and I am gaining on Arizona nuances.  If I don't have an answer to some of your more technical questions I have a wonderful reference of about 450 members in our photo club.  I'll get you an answer to almost anything.
Again Welcome!  I hope you enjoy what I am doing.
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment